- - 24oz. (1.5 lbs) Thick Cut Slab Bacon, Hickory Smoked; ¼”-thick slices
- - Candied Bacon Dry Blend
- - 1 tsp Pride of Szeged Sweet Paprika
- - 1 tsp Pride of India Malabar Black Pepper
- - 1 tsp Pride of Szeged Hot Paprika
- - ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Measure the hot paprika, sweet paprika, and black pepper and then toss with the light brown sugar.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment or foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer on top.
- Be cautious not to tear the bacon as you separate the pieces.
- Sprinkle the combined spice & brown sugar over each strip of bacon.
- Add one more layer of parchment paper or foil to cover the bacon. Then place an identical baking sheet on top so the bacon remains flat during baking.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check the bacon by removing the top tray and lifting the parchment. If it is not golden brown and fairly crispy, do not adjust the oven temperature.
- Continue to cook it for 10 minutes longer and re-check.
- Once you remove the top baking sheet and parchment paper the bacon will begin to crisp up slightly more.
- Place on serving tray for everyone to enjoy.