- - 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- - 1 Large Carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- - 3 Large Celery Sticks, cut in to ½” pieces
- - 1 bunch Cilantro, Leaves & Stems included, roughly chopped
- - 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- - 1 tsp Cumin, Ground
- - 1 tsp Coriander, Ground
- - 1 ½ tsp Tomato Paste
- - 2 tsp Pride of Africa Tunisian Harissa
- - 1 Tomato, Crushed
- - ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- - 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- - ½ Cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted, chopped
Peel onion and carrot and rough chop.
Cut celery into ½” pieces.
Place the onion, carrot, celery and cilantro in a food processor and pulse to a rough vegetable paste.
Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat, then cook while occasionally stirring the vegetable paste for 15-20 minutes, until there is no water remaining in the pan and the vegetables are softened.
Add the ground cumin and coriander, tomato paste, harissa, crushed tomatoes, salt and water.
Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetable paste starts to caramelize, then remove from the heat.
Cool to room temperature, then stir in the lemon juice, and olives.
Refrigerate overnight to allow all of the flavors to come out.